Mastermind Todo List
Below is the todo list for Mastermind. If you have any suggestions, feel free to post them here!
- Weather weapons
- Type in # with slider
- More country info in list
- Fix replenish timer
- Single page design
- Mastermind Points
- Various bug fixes
- Display timers better
- Better glow performance
I'm really enjoying this game, and will probably pay for VIP status.
- Manually type in number of units to transfer/build as the slider is too imprecise and slow. For example, transferring a small number of units from a large number of countries is very slow and awkward with the slider; tabbing and typing would be much faster.
- Ability to turn off "glowing" edges around countries that are building things. When building with many countries simultaneously, my computer crawls to a stop, even when the browser window is minimised (Chrome, btw).
- Pop-out chat/notification window for specific game. (You already told me on Reddit that you're doing this, I just added it so that other people would know, too).
- Automatic updating of map/data without reloading the page (again, I've added this for the sake of others).
- Display times as hours : minutes : seconds rather than just seconds.
That's all for now.
- yes, in the future. trying to figure out the best way to do this, because splitting the change would make both less active and a little useless. You can popout the world chat in a separate window with live battle logs now though.
- yes, this will come along with a redo of the sidebar. I can have it update the map now, but it won't update the data on the left sidebar yet. It's on my list, but behind all the other changes.
Thanks for the suggestions! Some of them I forgot about :P
Timers are now readable.
The timers are far better now and look pretty neat, too.
I just saw someone leave a game after losing China when they thought they should have won; it might be good to make the attack/defence calculation more transparent? Perhaps showing how the attack and defence strength were calculated?
Another suggestion: In the "countries" panel on the left, instead of showing just a list of countries, could you make it a table showing stats, including money earned, number of military units, presence of shield/factory etc?
I've added your suggestion for the country list thing. Probably should have done that when v2 launched lol
Another idea: instead of attacking from multiple countries, how about the ability to have new units sent to a country after being built. ie, I select all my countries to build some tanks, and state that when they're built they should be sent to a specific country. If that country's gone by the time they're built, send them to the capital. If the capital's gone, too, leave them in each country.
mouse over tool tips / title captions on the top left panes utility buttons (My countries, recruit troops etc...) as at present it doesnt appear there is mouse over titles on them so you dont really know what they do till you click on them. It would help newcomers if there was mouse over titles and short descriptive mouse over descriptions.
You should be able to view the game a player is currently active in, in their profile. That way it would be easier to join the games of friends or those of interest by simply viewing their profile.
New suggestions for your consideration:
* Please place dots or stars on the map to mark the capital cities of large countries; this will help choosing conquer paths that involve the least "expansion juice".
* Please add the option for not allowing anybody to join a game after X minutes, to diminish the effects of a troll raiding and running in a game that has progressed quite far.
Moving troops from multiple countries is a really boring chore, and I have some suggestions that I think will greatly improve the situation:
* The country selection list should be a table, sorted by country name, with the unit numbers in each country and their GDP and shield status. Each country should have a checkbox, and there should be "select all/none" buttons at the top.
* In the move units from multiple countries screen, there should be 3 different types of movement, with 1 set of sliders covering all the countries.
1) Move X% units from each country
2) Move X units from each country
3) Move all but X units from each country
I envisage the user choosing the appropriate radio button at the top, and then one set of three sliders (troops, tanks, jets) underneath covering all countries. I believe this covers all the mass troop movement situations the player is ever likely to need.
Hi admin - I really really love this game so first of all congratulations!
Have you ever heard of the board game risk? I suspect you have but anyway, this is definitely a 21st century improvement upon it. However the one thing I liked most about risk was the diplomacy, which I think this game lacked. In risk you would form alliances, do deals, set borders, plan invasions with others and also backstab people. I think the game would be massively improved by trying to making the game encourage teamwork. Here are some features that might do that:
- In game chat (both public and private i.e. you can send messages to individual players as well as to all)
- The ability to trade money, research, troops/tanks/jets and countries with other players.
In addition, you could maybe add another version of the game, like a speed version where you decrease all timers by a quarter or so, in order that the game could be completed in a few hours.
Also there is quite a big advantage to players who start earlier in the game because they get japan/usa/china/europe first. From the games I've played the first player to join tends to dominate.
You can already work together - I have in the past worked with others against someone who had All the majore countries. You can do so by sending private messages, though it's a little awkward to do so.
The trading money thing is a little awkward, because it means people could work together against one person, or that someone could create multiple accounts for themselves and give all the money they start with to their main account. You can't filter by IP address, either, because multiple people may use the same IP (eg, my wife and I sometimes play against each other).
As for the early start advantage, I agree. I've asked Dev before if he can make it so that you can choose to have a game only start when everyone's ready, but he doesn't seem keen on that idea for some reason.
I seem to remember from a LONG way back (I've not played since March, apart from a week-long stint in August) that Distribution would be implemented. I see know that you can group lots of troops to a single country, but what about the reverse; what about equally distributing troops from a single country to the rest of your countries. Even better still, an 'equal' button to distribute EVERYTHING evenly throughout your countries, regardless of where the countries.
I understand the difficulty of this implementation, but nonetheless would be grateful for such an addition. If possible, selecting which countries to evenly distribute to would be a bonus, too.
Another way to build onto this - although maybe the most complicated - is distributing so that more valuable countries get more protection. Maybe a pre-ranking of all your countries, then distribution accordingly. Of course, the Capital of your empire would probably get top priority.
These are just a few of my suggestions for an issue that really can be quite a hassle to deal with otherwise. Thanks!